Monday, November 8, 2010

Battle of Agincourt( Journal Entries by The Duke of New Orleans)

Thursday 24th October 1415
                                     I cannot await the day until those ignorant English soldiers are taught a lesson. I can’t believe they think that their army stands a chance against ours. They don’t have a chance our French army is more military strengthened than any other and with our horses and weapons they’ll be crushed.  I’m assure that those foolish dogs will remember the day the French looked down at them and saw them with pity. Their King Henry will learn the hard way that even though at times you don’t want to give up you should because when you’re up against the French there is no other option. Tonight I will rest in peace and then tomorrow I will awaken, support my soldiers and victory shall be ours.

Friday 25th October 1415 (sunrise)
                                     I just awoke my cousin and the other noblemen and I feel that today is going to be a great day for the French. I look outside the camp and into the distance and can’t wait till this battle begins. My soldiers are awakening they seem ready and I know that those mindless soldiers on the English side are just fearing of what is about to come. I smell fear in the air so I know what I say is true and this day will mark a great victory in the French name.  How could we not if our numbers are greater, our horse and weaponry surpass any other, so there is no way they have a chance of even considering a victory. I don’t understand why this still try, it must be because they only with themselves food, but forgot their brains at home.

Friday 25th October 1415 (morning)
                                     I am currently getting ready for the upcoming battle and feel fully focused and assured that victory will come. My soldiers are preparing also, getting their armor , weapons,  and horses ready. All of us look like the army that we are supposes to be, the strongest and best equipped. I right now envision those weak and simple minded English soldiers just sitting there waiting in fear. I have now just received word that the English are ready for battle. Victory will be ours in the name of the French and with all the soldiers that are currently with me, I will lead them and the English soldiers will lament this day.

Friday 25th October 1415 (battlefield)
                                     Now the English army is advancing and our battle is almost about to begin. I am filled with joy that now I finally get a chance to teach those English dogs a lesson. With my might sword and horse I and my other fellow soldiers will demolish them in a matter of hours. They know that there numbers are low and as powerful as the French is, there chances of survival are minimal. If their leader is making this foolish mistake to move on with the battle then that is his decisions and we will show him what it truly means to be a leader. My army is now advancing and it looks as if the battle is about to just begin. For my country I will fight and in the next entry I will write how nice it was to see the English soldiers beg for mercy.

Friday 25th October 1415 (afternoon)
                                     I have seen something that I never thought could happen. Our army is now losing numbers and at a rate that makes it possible for our defeat. It is not possible of how such a large number can lose its ranks and, such a small  army are able to defeat it. With the best weaponry, horses, and military leaders, there was supposed to be only one result, French victory. I will not give in to these foolish dogs of a forces. There is still a chance for victory, we just have to maintain our armies in order. I will not let my beloved country lose its name and the power it has achieved over the years. The English have no right to be on our land and I will do whatever in my power to still to triumph over these mindless forces.

Date Unknown  October 1415  (soldier)
                                     Duke of New Orleans gave me his journal right before he went to battle on that day. He told me to take care of it, and to not let those incompetent English soldiers get a hold of it. That day was a day to remember because even though are spirits remained strong, we still lost an important battle. I felt so ashamed as being part of the fighting force and still having the best weaponry, and necessities and still losing. New Orleans fought bravely and he will always be remembered, and one day I will face those English soldiers, avenge  our beloved French country and New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment